We believe that it’s always useful to understand something about the people you work with - who they are, where they’ve come from, what they believe in and most importantly what inspires them.
Our approach is simple yet powerful, intense yet energizing and most of all freeing. We provoke leaders and teams to discover new levels of awareness. So they can achieve clarity of purpose, direction and strategy. Find the commitment necessary to see a vision come to life. And take inspired action that delivers impact, momentum and ultimately results.
The philosophies and business principles that make up the core of the '3YearsOut' work have been gathered and refined by Kevin Dawkins from his 30-plus years as a business owner, entrepreneur, coach and facilitator and having worked alongside literally hundreds of fellow business owners.
We are passionate about working with ambitious, dynamic
fellow entrepreneurs and leaders of mid-sized companies who have a
strong desire to transform and be in a very different place ‘3 Years
Out’ from today.
Our process is intensive, our work is inspired, fun and rewarding and we believe
that your work should be too!
The 3YO Philosophy is alive today because:
- we've come from the old AND have embraced the new
- we apply world class business thinking
- we're entrepreneurs too (in fact we fill the role of ‘entrepreneur in residence’ for many of our clients)
- we have a unique partnering model that creates and shares value
- we believe that when you transform the owner (person) you transform the business
- we are actively engaged with many other highly successful businesses and leaders - which makes us, and you relevant
- we understand that in any organisation it is the people who really make the difference
- we live by the creed, “for real – or not at all” (“don’t give me no philosophy that don’t grow me no corn" – Sun Bear)
- we operate with integrity, honesty, high energy and deep commitment for the client
Who we are
We are a talented team of New Zealand based entrepreneurs who
leverage our unique abilities to create trusted relationships, share
connections, listen for growth opportunities, build smart plans, inspire
action and create outcomes toward a greater future.
We are committed to lifetime learning and bring a wealth of experience across sectors, disciplines and business models. We work and live by the same principles we teach and share with others, and therefore come from a place of personal experience, integrity and relevance.
We like to think of ourselves as being:
- dynamic, high energy, inspiring,
- colourful, friendly, passionate,
- open, smart, fast, doers (not talkers)
- knowledgeable, experienced, relevent business people
- connected, leveraged, effective, leaders (not followers)
- Internationally experienced, stategic thinkers across diverse sectors and disciplines
- relationship builders and deal makers
The meaning of orange
Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.
Orange has very high visibility, so you can use it to catch attention and raise awareness. The meaning of orange is illumination, wisdom, and wealth and is often used to symbolise high quality.
Entrepreneurial companies are our forté
We’ve founded and owned significant shareholdings in a number of businesses and worked with hundreds of others including international ones. We work only with businesses that have great potential for growth and transformation and with leaders who have the ambition and courage to see that potential realised.
Our clients are already inherently ‘successful’ – it is just that we help them go much further and faster.