We think 2019 will belong to those who get clear on their goals and direction, maintain good energy levels and enthusiasm throughout, build simple plans, and then align enough resource to implement strategy.
Personally, I can’t wait to get cracking with the start of a new year in business – refuelled, refreshed and excited about the challenges ahead.
The organisations that have consistently achieved the greatest reward and meaning over time are those that:
- operate from a place of heightened Awareness
- have absolute Clarity of purpose and direction
- demonstrate a deep Commitment to implementing strategy
- take massive and consistent Action on the things that count
For me this time of the year isn’t just about refuelling and recharging my body, mind and spirit. It is also an important time to reflect on how I am travelling – both personally and professionally.
One of the most powerful (and simple) things you can do at this time of year is find some quiet space to contemplate the '3YO Reflection Questions’ …
3YO Reflection Questions
- Is your business in a better ‘place’ now than this time last year? If so, in what way? If not, what happened?
- Are you personally in a better ‘space’ now than this time last year? If so, how? If not, what happened?
- What was your biggest single achievement in 2018?
- What was your biggest frustration or disappointment?
- What do you wish that you had done more of?
- What do you wish you had done less of?
- What were the most valuable lessons learnt? (What did you learn about Yourself? What did you learn about your Business?)
- Who were your greatest supporters and personal champions throughout the Year?
- The 5 things you are most grateful for in your life right now?
- What, where and how will make you a significant contribution this year – and to whom?
- How will you measure your success in 2019? (personally and professionally)
- What’s the Plan!
If you have followed my advice and reflected on these 12 questions then you will have immediately set yourself apart from the vast majority of business owners who fall for the trap of rolling one year - into the next - and the next - and the next. But guess what? Business has a habit or repeating itself mindlessly (mind-less-ly) - unless we become mindful. In other words unless we pause every now and then to take stock, chances are we won’t be acting deliberately or with clear intent.
If you are just as charged, upbeat and positive as we are about the year ahead then we'd love to connect and hear your story.
We are great listeners; we ask powerful and insightful questions, we have a gift for helping people bring their vision to life. We have expansive networks and are renowned for our ability to 'connect' - and we have a knack for seeing growth opportunities most people miss.
2019 – beckons! How will you respond?